The focus of our Occupational Therapy services is to help older adults and persons with disabilities to fully engage in their daily lives through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. We serve people with autism, dementia, Parkinson’s, chronic illness, rheumatoid arthritis, and other illnesses.
We offer strategies to help our clients recover from injury, adapt to their physical and cognitive changes, their environment, and support their daily activities while at the same time reducing their risk of falls and other accidents. We aim to improve their performance and maximize their outcomes.
Occupational therapy can evaluate and perform muscle re-education, energy conservation, ADL training, perceptual motor training and fine motor coordination exercises.
Occupational therapy services may include:
- Comprehensive evaluations for home safety
- Guidance and education for family members and caregivers
- Individualized evaluation to determine goals
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment and training
- Medication management
- Wheelchair seating and positioning
- Pain management
- Falls prevention
- Management of chronic diseases
- Dementia family caregiver training
If your loved one needs support in coping with their injury or illnesses, our home health occupational therapy can help. Contact us today.